LGBTQIA+ STEMM Day 2023: Queerness in STEMM – Australia’s Story
When: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm 18th, November 2023
Where: Science Gallery Melbourne , VIC
LGBTQIA+ STEMM Day 2023 is set to be a vibrant celebration of Australia's queer STEMM history. Queer excellence is our legacy & our future. Register now!
Extra! Extra! QUEER all about it!
Register for LGBTQIA+ STEMM Day in Melbourne now!
This November 18th from 11am to 3pm, LGBTQIA+ STEMM Day 2023 is set to be a vibrant celebration of Australia’s queer STEMM history over lunch at Science Gallery Melbourne. Join us for science, stories and activities, where we hope to build up our community, connect queer researchers and students, and celebrate queer contributions to STEMM in Australia.
Enjoy live performances, mingle with other queer science nerds, find your future mentors, peers, and STEMMQBFFs (STEMM Queer BFFs), and get creative with some fun activities. We’ll also be presenting the Scott Johnson Award, honouring champions of queer inclusion.
It’ll be a day to reminisce, connect, envision a brighter future, and have a grand gay old time.
What We’ve Lined Up For You:
• The Scott Johnson Award: Recognizing those game-changers in queer inclusion LGBTQIA+ STEMM Day 2023 is set to be a vibrant celebration of Australia’s queer STEMM history. Enjoy live performances, mingle at our social sessions, and get creative with our flag workshop. We’ll also be presenting the Scott Johnson Awards, honouring champions of queer inclusion.
• Science discussions: Hear from a range of STEMM queers about what a day in the life a research is like, and the role models that have inspired them.
• Live Performances: Get ready to be wowed by the unmatched talents from our community.
• Get Social: An opportunity to mingle, share stories, and forge new bonds.
• Flag Design adventure time: Showcase your creativity by designing a flag that represents queers in STEMM. You might even find it on future merch with your name and signature next to your work. That way you’re immortalised and you’ll be invited to ascend mount Olympus to dine with the Gods.
• Merch Corner: Grab some trendy gear to commemorate the day.
Can’t wait to see you at the Science Gallery. Let’s do the queer thing celebrate, learn, and amplify the voices of Queer STEMM in Australia!
Register here: https://tinyurl.com/lgbtqia-stemm-vic23
Special Note: For our Indigenous and First Nations friends, we’re waiving the entry fee. It’s part of our pay the rent initiative and honestly the least we can do as settlers.
PS if you’re experiencing hardship or you have special accessibly requirements let us know and we will do our best to assist.
A QueersInScience event, in collaboration with Students of Brain Research and the Science Gallery Melbourne. QueersInScience received grant funding from the Theo Murphy (Australia) Initiative administered by the Australian Academy of Science.